Wireless and internet access are provided free of charge by the ICTC UBD. It is only available for UBD communities. Wireless & internet access users must agree to the following conditions:
- Patrons will comply with the UBD Library policies for electronic library services and resources.
- The laptop owner is responsible for setting up their equipment to access the wireless network. Library staff is not permitted to handle patrons’ laptop or peripheral equipment.
- Library staff are not allowed to configure patrons’ laptops, nor can they help in connecting to the wireless network.
- Library will not responsible for the safety for laptop configuration or security of data files resulting from connection to the library’s wireless service.
- Any virus and security protection are patron responsibility. Please note that no public access hotspot is secure, so anti-virus and firewall software is highly recommended.
- Library does not guarantee that any website or electronic transaction will work and cannot be held responsible of any loss resulting from the use of credit/debit card over the internet.
- Library’s network including wireless network may be slow, unavailable, or suspended, or interrupted at any time without warning.
- Gambling and pornography are not permitted.
- No printing available on the wireless network
- The library encourage parent to supervise their children’s internet usage. Library staff do not act in the place of a parent to restrict what a child may access.
If you do not agree to the above terms, please disable your wireless connection or turn off your computer/gadgets.